The Added Bonus of Having a Pre-Schooler...Colds

Monday, September 19, 2011
The chill of fall has arrived. Its dark in the mornings when we wake and the air is crisp and cool. I'm switching my closet over and am preparing to say goodbye to my shorts and summer skirts.

Also with the cooler air came our first round of colds. Oliver was super grouchy Wednesday and as I heard him coughing through the baby monitor, I knew why. On Thursday he was cranky and clingy and was sporting a full-on runny nose. No fever though. On Friday, I blew off that I felt like I could go back to bed and sleep for hours and the irritating, scratchy throat I had. I told myself I had allergies until Friday night Chloe told me her throat felt dry and scratchy. Saturday morning she woke up to a runny nose and cough. I still told myself it was allergies until Matt declared he had a cold too.

Oliver and I are on the mend, Chloe is carrying around a box of tissues and Matt never has time to be sick, the man has colds for minutes, not days.

No comments