Does Mother Nature Hate Me?

Wednesday, May 30, 2012
It's my turn to host for Recipe Club. I don't have a dining room (well, I do, but we use it as a family room) and not enough space to seat 10 comfortably. Lucky for me it is a BBQ theme and I had planned to host it outside. Until....

This morning the forecast called for 10% rain. As of 5 p.m., the weather forecast was 80% rain.
That means 100% chance of rearranging some furniture.

Last time we had plans for a big, evening outdoor party, we had a massive downpour, the electricity went out and the police came to the house wanting to know why we were having a party on such a horrible night.

And did I mention our wedding? It was outdoors. It was 108 degrees at 7 p.m.--the start of our wedding. The forecast also called for a slight chance of rain. Luckily, it didn't rain. BUT it was HOT.

Yea, Mother Nature doesn't like me hosting outdoor parties.

You can see Oliver on the couch in the background. I pushed it into what we use for a dining room.

Nothing like bringing it indoors. Ignore the pile of furniture in the other room ladies.

Update: No rain afterall last night. Now I think the weatherman hates me. ;)

No comments