Books

Friday, October 17, 2008
Chloe and I have been making regular, weekly visits to the library. We both get to pick books we can read together---Chloe picks out 2 books and I pick out 2 books. At first, Chloe didn't like that we had to return the books. She would attempt to check out the same books we had just returned. Now, we come home, read the books and she wants to instantly take them back to the library to get more.

But, there are some books that we have to buy. One of Chloe's favorite books is Pinkalicious. She wants to read it about everyday. Apparently, Chloe and her friends have been having their own book circle, because today Chloe informed me that one of her friends told her that there is now a Purplicious book and she wants to read it. So, knowing how Chloe loves the first book, we set off to B&N to purchase the sequel.

Of course, its not easy just going into the book store and making it out with one book. As soon as we stepped inside the store, I saw this book on display---

After flipping through the pages, I just had to buy it for Chloe and myself. It's darling and has cute illustrations in it. Chloe had flipped through it and even though she is a pre-reader, she can decipher from the illustrations what is being made and what ingredients it requires. The recipes are great. It has some great snack and lunch ideas. I haven't been reminded of frozen chocolate bananas since I was a little kid. I can't wait to get cooking with Chloe using the book.

I wanted to get myself a book too. I have been meaning to read it for a while, but had other books in line in front of it. I decided to bump it up to the top of the reading list and purchased it.

Right after we bought Chloe's selection, she wanted to read it right away. I thought I may have to pull the car over and read her the book on the side of the road. She managed to make it the short distance home and as soon as we got inside the house, Chloe had taken the book from the bag, sat on the couch and demanded I read it to her. So I did. Its got a good message too, one that Chloe and I have been able to talk about every one of the 25 times I have already read it to her today.Gotta go, I am being summoned to read the book for the 26th time.


No comments