Getting Ready for Halloween

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Chloe wore a very special Halloween shirt today. She's wearing a shirt given to her by her great-grandfather who passed away last May. He gave her the shirt as a gift when we visited him two years ago. The shirt was big and just now fits her. It's a nice reminder of her great-grandfather that her Daddy adored.
In other news, we are preparing for the Friday festivities. Chloe has a Halloween parade tomorrow at pre-school so I will have lots of photos. Also, Nana arrives tomorrow afternoon so we have lots to look forward to this week.
On the Ethiopian adoption front, I spent the majority of my day at my GP's and then at my endocrinologist. My endocrinologist is notorious for making you wait hours and hours to see him (even with an appointment) so I always take Chloe and we color and camp out. Today the staff offered to let me see the new doctor on staff so I could get out early. I took them up on the offer and Chloe and I were ushered into her office. Most of the staff know Chloe because I am a regular but we were new to this young doctor. Well, she got to meet Chloe in fine fashion and I am sure she will not forget her. We went to our exam room and waited and waited. Chloe kept asking when the doctor would arrive and I told her soon. When the doctor did arrive, Chloe immediately asked her, "When is my mom going to be done?" and "Can I see her get her blood drawn?" The doctor replied that I wouldn't have my blood drawn today since my GP already did the honors and that I would be out quickly. Chloe's response, "Good, I have the toots because I have to go poop."
We got out of the doctor's office in record time. Chloe is coming with me from here on out and will be using that line everytime.

No comments