Fall is Here!!

Thursday, October 05, 2006
Yesterday it was 85 degrees. I had to peel off the clothes and put on shorts later in the day as it warmed up. Today, it is 64 degrees and crisp outside. I stepped out my front door to discover the leaves are starting to change colors and settle in the yard. The Halloween/Fall decor is set up outside. I haven't brought myself to dig through the basement for the indoor decor. I will do that tomorrow or this weekend.

Chloe and I went into the city on Tuesday to see some of my former colleagues in Allen ISD. A group of 7 teachers came to NYC for their fall break. I was watching the Today show on Wednesday only to see them on the TV dressed in matching pink sweatshirts. Nice one ladies. Anyway, Chloe managed to con $1.45 out of them. The kid loves money. At the request of Missy, I am including some photos of our house.

In the meantime, Chloe is loving any activity that has to do with art. She loves glitter. We just returned from Staples where I purchase some glitter glue pens for her. She's working on a masterpiece as I type. I'm certain the majority of the masterpiece will be on her new shirt.

Chloe has definitely been testing the limits and learning all about time out lately. She has been running away lately. I took her to the bookstore yesterday and she ran from me twice. She thinks it is a game. I took her to the park and as soon as her feet hit the ground she is running from me. I had her in the front yard yesterday and she was trying to cross the street to see our neighbor across the street. I had to put her in time out because she wouldn't listen. When Matt came home last night he also spoke to Chloe about the dangers of running from Mommy. Well, last night a thunderstorm rolled through and Chloe woke up crying and screaming, "Thunder!". So, she slept in our bed. This morning, she woke up to find Daddy had already gone to work. She sat up and asked, "Where's Daddy? Did he run away? Daddy ran away from Mommy and Chloe! That's naughty!" I was also scolded today for picking weeds from the flower bed and throwing them into a pile in the yard. Apparently, throwing of any kind is not tolerated by Chloe.

1 comment

Grant's Mom said...

It is funny what changes daily on the "No, Mommy" list of things-that-you-should-have-known-better than to do (i.e. throwing). A big one in our house currently is playing "Peek-A-Boo." When I say currently, that's what I mean...we liked the game two days ago...suddenly, it is not good. Grant can voice his opinion pretty loudly (as you well know). Miss you guys