Apple Picking

Tuesday, October 17, 2006
On Saturday, October 14, Matt, Chloe and I went apple picking at Applewood Orchards & Winery in Warwick, NY. It's the thing to do in the area in the fall and we all had a good time. I ended up picking all of the apples as Matt & Chloe were kicking and stomping on the fallen apples. We now have a 1/2 bushel of Golden Delicious, MacIntosh, & Cortlandt apples. I will begin making applesauce and other apple dishes for our enjoyment.

My allergies and Chloe's allergies have been going non-stop for the last few weeks. Texans think their weather is bizarre! We have had some insane weather here. One day it will be 72, the next will be 54 and then the next will be in the 60s and then back into the 50s with rain to be followed by 74 degrees. It's nuts and it's causing my allergies to go in overdrive.

Despite the wet and cold weather today, Chloe and I made the best of a yucky day. After pre-school, we headed to Edgewater, NJ for some errands. Edgewater is a few miles away and is just as it sounds, on the edge of the Hudson River. After running a few errands at some local shops, we stopped into the Whole Foods market. The WF's in our town is small and cramped and has a limited selection, it's like a WF's conveinience store. Edgewater's Whole Foods is nice, like the WF we were accustomed to in Texas, large, spacious and a really good prepared foods section. I had to smile as Chloe and I were eating lunch in WF's because the nice and enormous WF's of Plano, Texas could never compete with the Edgewater WF's view. As we sat in the dining section of the store, we could look across the Hudson into NYC. Now, where else can you go grocery shopping in a nice, big store and get views like that? Pretty cool.

For the rest of the day Chloe and I will be holed up in the house attempting finish folding the laundry that has been occupying our basement. I am also in search of the digital camera as it has gone missing. My mother's intuition tells me that a certain two-year old has hidden it somewhere. I just have to find out where.

No comments