Bingo II

Thursday, October 12, 2006
I am happy to report that we have returned home with Bingo. Chloe was very eager to go and get Bingo from the pet store. It inspired her to help clean up and put her shoes and socks on at the end of her art class at the YWCA. She was giddy with excitement to go and pick up Bingo.

We returned to the pet store that we bought Bingo I at some 5 months ago. After some discussion with the fish caretaker at the store, she convinced me to put Bingo II in a smaller glass tank with no gravel. She said Beta's prefer this and live longer this way. I always thought it was a bit cruel to leave them in a tiny little glass bowl, but she told me they prefer it, they live in puddles in the wild. Hopefully she is correct.

Chloe ran through the fish department in search of Bingo. "See 'em, see 'em," she shouted as she looked at a guppy in the tank below the Betas. "No, that's a guppy. He's pretty, but that's not Bingo," I told her. "There she is, there's Bingo!" she exclaimed pointing to a white & blue Beta. "Well," I said, "Bingo's going to get his feelings hurt because Bingo is a boy and he's red." "I see 'em," she said pointing out a red Beta, "Let me pet him," Chloe responded. "You can't pet a fish Chloe. Bingo has to stay in the water and we don't put our fingers in the water," I told her. "How 'bout I hold him?" she asked, reaching to pick up the glass bowl another Beta was in. "How about you hold him when he's in a plastic bag?" I asked. "Ok. See 'em? That's Bingo," she claimed, once again pointing to another Beta fish. So, her 3rd selection became Bingo II. He's red with a blue body, a slight difference from the all-red Bingo I.

Now, Bingo II is safely at home in Chloe's room in a small glass bowl with no gravel. I will have to change his water daily, so I bought a second glass bowl. As we were putting Bingo II in his new home, Chloe pointed out that we were giving him a drink of water. "He drinking water," she said, "See 'em? See 'em?"

1 comment

Grant's Mom said...

The BINGO story sounds very similar to the Wiggle story. haha